Developed by Blumira
Coordinated, Automated and Efficient Threat Detection and Incident Response
Mimecast and Blumira provide an integrated solution to improve detection, stop threats, augment security insights and centralize response across security functions. Email attack investigations usually require pivoting from one suspicious indicator to another to gather critical evidence, grabbing and archiving evidence and finalizing a resolution running these commands traps analysts in a screen-switching cycle.
Blumira’s cloud SIEM platform ingests rich Mimecast information to deliver an automated threat detection and response solution. The Mimecast Actions (logs, email activity, attachments) are available for analyst investigation – from a single interface. With the Mimecast integration with Blumira via Cloud Connectors, Blumira makes it easy to detect threats earlier and coordinate responses across all of the security functions.
Mimecast + Blumira: Customer Use Cases
- Threat correlation: Identify initial attack deployment methodology, characteristics and subsequent access attempts without the need for manual effort or multiple toolsets.
- Threat intelligence: Understand how your organization has been targeted and what attacks have been blocked for better protection at the email perimeter, inside the network and beyond its perimeter.
- Threat investigation: Analyze activity events before and after an attack across the entire attack chain, including email, to enhance analyst productivity and remediate vulnerabilities.
- Contextual email threat investigation: Analysts gain greater visibility and new actionable information about the attack, with documentation per step and artifact reporting.
- Alert prioritization: Increase efficiency and effectiveness by prioritizing the most pressing threats, and customize email detection rules to further reduce any noisy alerts.
- Improve response times: With automated playbooks sent with every finding, analysts can accelerate security operations workflows and remediate email threats faster for better security outcomes.